According to the American Chiropractic Association, 31 million Americans experience low-back pain at any given time.
A few interesting facts about back pain:
- Low back pain is the single leading cause of disability worldwide, according to the Global Burden of Disease 2010.
- Back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed work. In fact, back pain is the second most common reason for visits to the doctor’s office, outnumbered only by upper-respiratory infections.
- One-half of all working Americans admit to having back pain symptoms each year.
- Experts estimate that as much as 80% of the population will experience a back problem at some time in their lives.
- Most cases of back pain are mechanical or non-organic—meaning they are not caused by serious conditions, such as inflammatory arthritis, infection, fracture or cancer.
- Americans spend at least $50 billion each year on back pain—and that’s just for the more easily identified costs.
Source: Back Pain Facts and Statistics – American Chiropractic Association
Yelena Kudrya, like many Americans, suffered from severe back pain between 2010 and 2013. Kudrya recalls the severity of her pain, “I couldn’t sit for more than 15 minutes”. In early 2013, she began using a CBD-infused lotion with massage therapy; six months later, she was fully functional.
Having seen the success of using CBD oil in massage therapy first-hand, Kudrya earned her massage license and moved to Colorado to open Yeden, a massage therapy center that offers CBD-infused lotions to clients. Read more about Yelena Kudrya’s story in Colorado Springs’ local paper – Local Masseuse Uses Cannabis Oil to Ease Clients’ Pains